1st stop: Chinatown @ Boston
Someone said there was no decent food in Boston's Chinatown. I haven't been to a second Chinatown. But this one satisfies me with Chinese-style cakes and the familiar language. It is true that there is no elegant dining place there but, the real ordinary Chinese do not eat elegant food everyday. I love those snacks though they look shabby, and not that delicious.
But it is truly dirty there. Or I should say it is dirty in every Chinatown. I walked around for over one hour without finding a clean toilet. In the end I found a WC in a Chinese supermarket with a strong smell.
2nd: MFA@Boston
It's great to see so many dead and alive human beings around... If I die there, it must be of the air conditioner. I just cannot understand why we have to prepare at least one jacket to survive the whole tour. I hate artificial coldness.
3rd: Harvard Square
I was happy cuz I bought extra small sneakers. Over. I am always drenched in melancholy that I don't think I belong to that lively atmosphere.
4th: N.Y.
The bus arrived earlier than the expected time. Ahh... It's weird that you never feel lonely in a strange mega city while you are desperate in a quiet county. I am feeling familiar and comfortable in that chaotic metropolis. Everywhere there are Asian faces. And even when I returned to my house in Waltham, in which I had been staying for two weeks, I had no feeling of belonging to here. It is sad.
N.Y. is a place where I want to try all the unhealthy foods like ice creams and desserts. It's so cozy when I heard the ice cream seller approaching our flat singing cozy songs. Maybe people are just terrified by loneliness and solitude in counties. And they choose to stay in the city and live like alien creatures. That is art.
No comments:
Post a Comment